Thursday, July 11, 2013

Rehab

     Over at Sparkpeople, we would call this a streak. It's a two day streak, so far, and that's how far I am into carb rehab (AGAIN!)
Am I frustrated with myself? You bet. Is that going to change anything? Nope.
     During my 5 weeks of summer school, there was no time or energy to make health/nutrition/physical fitness a priority.  I was just trying to keep my head above water, algebraically speaking! I ate what was set in front of me, and if nothing was, there was pizza delivery and convenience food. Besides walking between the Communications building (English) and the Technology building (Math) and a central parking lot, there wasn't a whole lot of physical activity, either. At the time, I just didn't care all that much.
     Now that i'm wanting to fit comfortably (and attractively)  into certain items of my wardrobe, I care! Now that I notice that my complexion is a little muddy, and my legs are drrrrrry,  I care! Now that I feel like a slug, I care!  Jumping back on that horse is not the easiest thing ever. Now i'm in detox, and also i'm hungry!! After downing the 500th glass of cucumber water, though, I feel lighter and less toxic already.
    Physical activity and eating well make me feel soooooo much better, physically and mentally!
So here I go again.

Sad Duck Quack

No comments:

Post a Comment