Saturday, March 7, 2015

Secrets exposed

    "Life is too short to read depressing books." Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Isn't that just the truth?
I don't actually read much of SEP's work (although, as romance writers go, she's pretty good...and pretty funny!) I just am not really into the whole bodice ripper scene. I roll my eyes so hard sometimes that i'm afraid that they are going to get stuck up there. I used to read them by the dozens, but I guess I burned out and moved on.
   
      So I recently bought a pricey loaf of multi-grain bread, and was half way through the loaf before I discovered that this particular loaf of supposedly whole grain bread had LESS fiber than Mrs. Baird's "whole grain white". WHAAAAT?? So I went on a bread expedition to search out fiber, and the most I found was in Sara Lee Delightful multigrain. 90 calories and 5 grams of fiber per 2 slice serving. In case you are concerned about the fiber content of your bread. But, you probably don't eat bread, because I think that "bread" is a dirty word nowadays.
     What can I say, i'm a rebel. I eat bread. Sparingly, like peanut butter toast for breakfast, but still. There is my deep dark secret. I eat whole grain bread occasionally.

     I'm elated that it is March! Not that the weather has been particularly March-like. But the cold and snow has to stop sometime soon, right?? That reminds me, though, that April is next wherein I shall turn 50, and I might be having a bit of a passed-mid-life crises. I mean...50?? Really? Good for me, I guess, for making it to 50, but unless I live to be 100, which is doubtful I am already passed mid life, and I still don't have myself lined out. I may be running out of time.

    I wonder where you stand on the time change occurring this weekend? I know that some people just love it. I do not. I keep hearing that we are going to get an extra hour of daylight, but is that accurate? Isn't it just moving to the other end of the day? So when I am trying to wake up and get going in the morning, it is going to be dark longer, and when I am trying to wind down and get sleepy, it is going to be light. Personally, I still have to get up and go to bed at pretty much the same time...now that is going to be an hour earlier. I already have a ridiculous issue with those two things...going to bed and sleeping...then getting up in the morning. I am a night owl by nature, which makes the darker mornings/lighter nights appealing, but I have worked for years and years to over come, simply because with kids and a hubby who gets up and goes to work and whatnot, I haven't had the luxury of going with my natural flow.  I am now at the place that, with 10 mg of melatonin, perhaps a benadryl, and a passion flower capsule, I can accomplish sleep most of the time, and I can get up when I need to most of the time, and be semi functional. It is going to take ALL of spring and summer to adjust to the time change, and then right about the time i'm okay with it, it will change back. Bah humbug, that's what I have to say about that.

     Our first 5k is coming up in just a little over a month...I hope the mild weather holds so that I can get outside and hit the walking trail! Otherwise, the date of my demise will be April...uh...something. 18th? 23rd? Something like that.

   Babiest babiest duck (Roscoe) is here with his mom for the weekend! Good times!

Quack.

No comments:

Post a Comment