Sunday, June 2, 2013

About books, and a review

 
This is my Kindle. I love it. My dude, the Big Chief, gave it to me.

This is a small sampling of my book collection. I love my books, too. The Big Chief used to surprise me with books, but not since the Kindle came into my life. I miss the books.
I just read a story inhabited by vampires and witches and daemons and humans. I wasn't really loving it, but then there was this description of daemon characteristics. (Don't ask me what a daemon is, because I don't know. But my spellchecker recognizes the word.) "blazing arguments, frantic activity, or dangerous depressions". They sound bipolar, right? As a person in the bipolar-spere, I was interested to see how that played out, but it just didn't. Humans are dull and stupid, daemons are bipolar and unbalanced, and the witches and vampires are the bomb diggety. They are not supposed to associate, but of course the witch and vampire fall in love. Incidentally, the witch is a twit who takes herself far too seriously. Other than that, the story was way too long and involved, there was a confusing array of characters, and it took a couple of left turns that left me wondering if I was still in the same story! I don't care enough to see what happens in the sequel. Not my most satisfying reading experience!  
I've just decided that my next book is going to be an actual paper-and-ink-betweentwocovers book! 
Quack quack!

2 comments:

  1. While I love my Kindle, there is no way it can ever take the place of a true book. Books in the "flesh", if you will, have so much more character!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my Kindle for reading at night when Eldon is asleep an I don't want to bother him by turning on the light. BUT, I still really love to have a book with real pages! I also love to collect books, so the Kindle is not too fun for that. I find myself buying a book on my Kindle and if its good then I buy it in hard copy for my library! ~ Dori ~

    ReplyDelete