Monday, June 3, 2013

Dish soap matters

I vehemently dislike the washing of dishes. And housekeeping in general. It's just all so mindless, and has to be done over and over and over again! It's never finished! This dislike of repetitive gruntwork has caused me to feel bad about myself. If I were a real, feminine woman, wouldn't I be all domestic??  But frankly, I just don't care anymore, which is one of the perks of having lived past 40. I'm still a goddess, just not a domestic one, and I'm almost sure that I have other redeeming qualities. Concerning dish washing: someone has to do it, regardless of how loathsome it may be, and that someone is me! I did get this handy dandy new dishwasher for my birthday recently.....


It's a real thrill that it actually cleans the dishes without them having to be washed by hand first! My old dishwasher was basically a handy storage place for clean dishes. That way, I didn't have to dry them and put them away, you see! 
Still, there are items that don't fit, or not dishwasher safe, and therefore must be hand washed. 


See my coffee cup shelf? Think I have enough? It amazes me how quickly this duck family goes through those cups. 

I generally just use plain blue Dawn. It works well, and I can use it on other things, like greasy oilfield laundry. Sometimes, though, I decide to try something new, just cuz I'm a girl. And also, hoping that those who claim to be allergic to Dawn will give it a try. 

No luck there! And I haven't gotten the same results with the new stuff....until now! 

(Cue celestial music)


This Clorox green works dishsoap is magic! 

Lest ye think otherwise, the folks at Clorox have not a clue of my existence , and have not paid me to plug their product.

This dishsoap works beautifully, cuts the grease and cleans the dishes, and I don't have to change my water 50 times. And plus it smells sooo good! Fresh and clean and spa like, it is a sensory delight, and makes the chore of washing dishes remarkably less awful. 

Quack!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, well I guess I need to try the GreenWorks! So glad you're writing a blog - I look forward to all your quacks!!! :-) Hugs... ~ Dori ~

    ReplyDelete