Saturday, June 22, 2013

Oh my stars and squares

 I am from the star shaped land of fun. If you don't know where that is, check out Mark Gungor's video on youtube, A Tale of Two Brains. He is sooo funny, and right on, too. It is ridiculous how we as human beings complicate every dang thing, including relationships. Anyway, he explains the star shaped land of fun, which is where I come from.  
 Mark also talks about that square shaped land, which is where the Chief is from. It's the controlling git r done land. Not controlling, in the sense of controlling ME, just to clarify.  It makes me laugh when Mark talks about the bulldozer being the square's favorite vehicle, and how they don't care who they kill as long as they are gettin' it done, because that so describes my hubs.
    This is why I blame the Chief for my current quandary of unfun summer school. I had not planned on summer school. I was just going to have FUN this summer, and pick up again in the fall. But then the Chief said: Why not just git r done? Take the summer session, and GIT R DONE!
    So. I am gettin' r done, but not having a lot of fun in the process.
I'm not having much fun today, either. Big Chief Get R Done is home, and he has decided to clean up the computer. That means, he is deleting things that don't make sense to him, and so who knows whether or not the computer will actually operate when he's done. He once deleted the entire operating system off of a prior computer! Fortunately, we still had the disc to reinstall.
   Me, i'm supposed to be studying some algebra and figuring out my next essay. It's a "definition" essay, and the subject is "artistic endeavor". I'm actually jazzed about the subject, but as a star shaped free spirit, I don't want to fit into the box of "intro paragraph with thesis statement, supporting paragraphs, conclusion" that is a Freshman essay. So instead i'm making a blog post, again without pictures, about not much! Procrastination at it's finest!
 One thing for sure that I have learned, before fun comes work. I have no real idea what I am doing or where I am headed, and i'm just taking it on faith that I will figure it out in the process, and that someday, i'll be doing SOMETHING to earn a wage, the Chief can come home from the oil patch and get a reasonable type job, and we will get to have more fun!
In the meantime, two of my duckies had birthdays this month and are now 27 and 29, and how is that even possible??
Quack!

2 comments:

  1. Val, what I don't understand is why can't you just turn in your blog posts instead of having to write these crazy essays??? Or better yet, make the crazy essays your blog posts so the rest of us can read them too! :-) We'll even give you a grade.... A+ without a doubt! Love you tons, you star shaped free spirit you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete