Thursday, August 15, 2013

Quacking good workout!

     I did a new workout today! It was featured in a Sparkpeople email, so I thought I would check it out and see what was up. The same ol same ol gets really boring and then I don't want to do it anymore, so i'm always on the look out for something new. I'v been looking at the "Spartacus" and "look better naked" workouts from Women's Health as my next new DVD, after my budget recovers from having to buy a new heatpump system, of course.  I have changed my mind, however, and this is going to be my next workout DVD purchase.
http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/videos-detail.asp?video=29

Why, you may ask, did I love this? Well, first and foremost, one of the leaders is named Chanelle, as is my baby duck #3.  Secondly, the main leader woman appears to be more in my age category, and is very fit. This is important because us elderly ladies can't relate very well to a twenty-something hottie. News flash! We aren't twenty-something anymore, and we are never going to be again, and we are never ever ever going to look like THAT! However, give us an instructor that is relate-able in at least age category, well then...we have a little more hope.  Thirdly, and this is very important: she is not loud, giggly, smiley, annoying...I did not want to smack her in the head with my hand weights. She is calm, quiet, low key, while leading a lovely sweaty challenging workout, but not so challenging that you feel like you have to get in shape before you attempt to get in shape.
    Some day, i am going to do the "Spartacus" workout, just because it would be a rush to train like a warrior, after which, I will already look better naked.  I AM WARRIOR V, QUEEN OF ME!
     That day is not today. Today, I am just one quacking mama duck, shaking my tail feathers!

Quackity quack!


2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of spark people. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you, thank you. I need a new work-out (when the weather gets cold and I don't have to mow for 12 hours and string trim for 10 every week!!!)... (or when the house is finished and we actually move in and I'm not carrying lumber, ladders, tools, etc....!!!) I will actually need a work-out program!! :-) Seriously, thanks for sharing. I agree with everything you said (as usual)! Love you..... ~ Dori ~

    ReplyDelete