Monday, August 19, 2013

Head Above Water

     I've been toying with the notion of doing some "Joey" blogs, and chronicling the past year. As it turns out, i'm just not there yet.
     Some where in my subconscious was the idea that "One Year" would be the magic number, that if we just hung on and made it through that year, it would all be less intense.
     Ummmm...nope.
     In some ways, it even seems harder now. I don't know why. Perhaps all the shock, numbness, drama and trauma, adrenaline, etc are good and worn off, the dust is all settled, and now it's just down to day to day coping. I might be a little weary. I might miss him MORE now that I haven't seen him, talked to him, hugged him for over a year. Any one particular reason isn't clear. It just is, in some ways.
     So I can't talk extensively about Joey, or the circumstances of his death or all these months of learning to live with it, without getting intense and emotional and deep...
 
     It's just not time yet to go that deep.  I'm still eating that elephant one tiny little bite at a time.



   

1 comment:

  1. Oh Val. It makes me so sad. Life goes on whether we want it to or not doesn't it??? Thinking of you and knowing that the pain and loneliness never goes away but hopefully coping does get easier. Hugs ~ Dori ~

    ReplyDelete