Friday, August 23, 2013

A duck of a different color

This is a duck:

It belonged to my daddy, and after he died my mom gave it to me. We are, after all, a duck family. I love having this duck, but as you can see it was very dark, and very dark has a way of making me feel suffocated. Also, it was way too much contrast, in my opinion, for the future look of my living room, where I plan for this duck to live. 
I woke up this morning with this duck on my mind. So, still in my jammies, I took this duck and a can of ivory spray paint into the back yard and did this: 

Wah lah, no longer a dark duck. I gave it a couple of coats, then lightly sanded it

And there it is. A two hour project (includes drying time) and I'm really pleased with the duck makeover. 


2 comments:

  1. Oh girl, you did good! I've always heard that if you have something that is sentimental but that needs to be updated or changed, just do it. This was a perfect example. The sanding really made it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your duck!!!!! Very sweet job! ~ Dori ~

    ReplyDelete